With over 6 million people in the construction trades in the United States, it is a significant sector of our economy, However, construction is also one of the most dangerous kind of work, with over 8,000 workers killed on construction sites each year and many thousands injured and maimed for life. At ABRAMS LANDAU, Ltd., we see first-hand some of the devastation caused by unsafe construction practices and lax inspection, regulation and enforcement by state, local and federal agencies. We have tried cases were our clients have been injured or killed on construction sites. Some of the injuries were caused by:
* Falls from roofing,
* Loads dropped on a workers head,
* Failure of scaffolding causing falls from heights,
* Unsecured stairways, steps or ramps,
* Wood snapping, breaking or coming loose,
* Getting shot with a nail from a nail gun,Ladders twisting and falling,
* Explosions causing hearing loss,
* Asbestos dust particles causing lung damage,
* Combustible materials catching firing and causing burns,
* Construction vehicles hitting other trucks, cars and workers on the ground.
If you or someone you know has been injured in a construction site accident, e-mail us at ABRAMS LANDAU, Ltd., or call 703-796-9555 today.