The Legal Examiner Mark The Legal Examiner Mark The Legal Examiner Mark search twitter facebook feed linkedin instagram google-plus avvo phone envelope checkmark mail-reply spinner error close
Skip to main content

Having experienced firsthand what happens when an elderly parent’s robe ignites and catches fire, I came across notification of a wrongful death lawsuit on behalf of the estate of an 80-year-old woman who died after her robe caught fire while making tea in Connecticut. The lawsuit was filed against the company that sold the garment. According to the suit papers, a Pennsylvania-based company sold the imported chenille robes despite knowledge that they were highly flammable. Defendant Blair Corporation has recalled more than 300,000 garments since April because of fire hazards.

The U.S. Consumer Products Safety Commission expanded a recall after nine women died of burns from defective Blair chenille robes, jackets and tops. Many of the products, which include items made in Pakistan, pose risk of fatal burns and do not meet the standards set under the Federal Flammable Fabrics Act. For complete information about the lawsuit and the product recalls, visit

Comments are closed.

Of Interest