The Herndon Law Firm of ABRAMS LANDAU, Ltd. has been asked to help a man severely burned by a propane "fireball" at the Shenandoah County Fair. A fire at a the "Fried Frenzy" food stand left two people with severe burns after a propane leak, according to fire and rescue officials. The burn victims were preparing to open the Fried Frenzy booth at the fair when it is suspected that a propane leak caused what one witness called "a fireball" near the back of the tent, according to John Collins, public information officer for the Shenandoah County Fire and Rescue Department.
The two survivors sustained severe burns and were flown by helicopter to the University of Virginia Medical Center in Charlottesville for treatment. Fire and rescue personnel from Woodstock, Edinburg, Toms Brook, and Shenandoah County responded to the incident. The Fried Frenzy stand serves everything from fried Twinkies to zucchini and pickles. The stand that sold deep-fried delights was closed immediately after the explosion according to news reports. Despite burns to significant areas of uncovered flesh and significant pain from the explosion and medical treatment, the injured man, like so many courageous Abrams Landau clients, has attempted to return to work. This case underscores the care with which explosive and flammable chemicals and gasses should be handled.